Boost your VR and game productions with navigable volumetric 6DoF sound
The ZYLIA 6 Degrees of Freedom Higher Order Ambisonics Renderer is a Wwise and MaxMSP plugin.
This plugin is the key element in ZYLIA's 6DoF Navigable Audio solution.
ZYLIA 6DoF HOA Renderer plugin
The plugin allows for the processing and rendering of ZYLIA 6DoF Navigable audio content and interpolates the sound field between 3rd order Ambisonics spheres. These sources can be synthetic or recorded with multiple ZM-1S microphones. With the ZYLIA 6DoF HOA renderer plugin, users can playback synchronized Ambisonics files, change the listener’s position, and orientation between multiple Ambisonics spheres.
With ZYLIA's Wwise 6DoF plugin, you have easy access to implementing volumetric sound in any VR application or game engines that interfaces with Wwise.
End users will experience natural and immersive navigable 6 degrees of freedom sound on their mobile and stationary devices. Developers can explore and integrate the computational advantages of volumetric interpolation (Read more).
- ZYLIA's Wwise and MaxMSP 6DoF plugins offer the possibility to process and interpolate between synchronized Ambisonics sources.
- Set and control the listener’s position and orientation and navigate smoothly between multiple Ambisonics spheres.
- The plugin supports up to 30 HOA signals to create a 6DoF experience for large scenes.
Plugin for Wwise
- The Wwise 6DoF authoring plugin is available for Wwise on Windows.
- The Wwise 6DoF SDK for the end user experience is available on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
- All parameters in the plugin (listener position, orientation, microphone position, orientation, and interpolation parameters) are controllable via RTPC and the typical Wwise workflow.
Plugin for MaxMSP
- MAX/MSP plugin available on MAC OS and Windows.
- All parameters in the plugin (listener position, orientation, microphone position, orientation, and interpolation parameters) are controllable via messages and the GUI in the typical MaxMSP workflow.
Support The Audio Engineering Society
Zylia supports the music community with various initiatives. One such initiative is the concert “Jordan Rudess & Friends in 3D Audio” – an immersive concert recorded in multi-point 360° audio and video technique. All proceeds from the project go to The Audio Engineering Society – a non-profit organization that unites engineers, creative artists, scientists, and students worldwide.
TEST ZYLIA SOFTWARE FOR FREE!
Poznan Philharmonic Orchestra VR experience
This VR experience uses 6DoF audio recorded with 30 ZYLIA ZM-1S mic arrays. As a user, you will be able to move the listener around the map freely as well as rotate their position left and right. Use headphones to experience binaural navigable audio!
Music - W. A. Mozart - "The Marriage of Figaro", the overture
Interactive demo application
The demo application uses 6DoF audio recorded with 9 ZYLIA ZM-1S microphones. As a user, you will be able to move the listener around the map freely as well as rotate their position left and right. Use headphones to experience binaural navigable audio!
Music example used: “Island” by Sledziucha, instruments: bouzouki, tabla drums
Example integration of ZYLIA 6DoF HOA Renderer for Wwise with Unreal Engine 4
SHORT MANUAL: Install ZYLIA 6DoF HOA Renderer for Wwise.
1) Unpack zylia_template_unreal_wwise_project.zip
2) Unpack both archives to separate folders – one archive contains the Wwise project and the other Unreal Engine 4 project.
3) Activate the ZYLIA 6DoF HOA Renderer trial for Wwise using ZYLIA Activation Tool.
4) Launch both projects.
5) In Unreal Engine 4, you may need to correct the Wwise project path. To do that, open Project Settings and go to the Wwise/Integration Settings section. Specify the path to the unpacked Wwise project in Wwise Project Path.
6) In Unreal Engine 4, open the Main scene.
Example integration of ZYLIA 6DoF HOA Renderer for MaxMSP with Unity game engine
UNITY CONFIG - SHORT MANUAL
1. Download UnityHubSetup
2. In the UnityHub application, select 6DoF Template Project
3. Select the scene called “island_new_visuals”
4. Once you press “play”, you should be able to move around the room using QWERTY Keyboard + mouse.
5. If you want to use a VR headset instead of a keyboard, uncheck “PlayerController” in the menu on the right side. Then, select both: “CameraRig” and “Steam VR” in the menu on the left (using shift+select) and check them in the inspector menu on the right.
MAX CONFIG - SHORT MANUAL
1. Go to the “ExamplePatcher” folder that you downloaded
2. Click “Main_Windows.maxpat” to open the Max plugin
3. Activate the trial mode
4. Click on the “Load Configuration” button
5. Select “Example_Config_Island.json”
6. You might have to add sound recordings from each microphone manually. To do it, click “choose file” for each microphone and choose the corresponding audio file from the folder “ExamplePatcher/Audio”
The fluid movement between different 3rd order Ambisonics positions was a wonderful listening experience and I foresee countless creative possibilities for the future.
Working with the ZYLIA 6DoF VR set was an amazing adventure and journey into the future of audio.
CONTACT OUR SALES TEAM CONTACT
Plugin for Wwise
- Compatible with Wwise 2019.2.0 up to Wwise 2019.2.15
- Authoring for platforms on which you can design, create and debug the signal flow and manage the integration with game engines: Windows
- SDKs, platforms on which end users can experience volumetric ZYLIA 6DoF interpolation, e.g., Android games on Windows:
- Windows_vc140, Windows_vc150, Windows_vc160
Plugin for MaxMSP
- Compatible with Max8.
- Supported on MacOS and Windows.
SUBSCRIBE TO ZYLIA NEWSLETTER!
Sign up for a free newsletter. Stay informed about audio field content, new products, software updates and promotions.